- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Eggplant, Diced
- 1 Onion, Finely diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 500 Grams (gm) Lamb Mince
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Rosemary, Chopped
- 500 Milliliters (ml) Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 200 Grams (gm) Penne pasta, dried
- 500 Milliliters (ml) Puck Béchamel Sauce with Cheese
- 1/2 Cup PUCK Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan, add the eggplant and cook until slightly golden and softened. Remove from pan and set aside. Heat the remaining oil to the pan and add onion, garlic, lamb, spices and rosemary, Cook over medium high heat for 5-8 minutes, until browned and fragrant.
- Return the eggplant to the pan, along with the pasta sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, following packet instructions. Drain. Preheat oven to 190 C.
- In a large, deep ovenproof baking dish, spoon half the mince evenly over the base. Top with half the pasta and then pour over 1/3rd of the béchamel sauce. Layer the remaining mince and pasta and cover with the rest of the béchamel sauce. Sprinkle over the mozzarella. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.