- 1 1/4 Cups Flour
- 70 Grams (gm) Walnuts, Roasted
- 120 Grams (gm) Salted Butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 Large Leek, washed and thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 300 Grams (gm) Pumpkin, Peeled and Dices into 1.5 cm cubes
- 200 Grams (gm) PUCK White Cheese Premium Feta, Crumbled
- 2 Eggs
- 6 Tablespoons Cream
- To Garnish Rocket Leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- Place flour and toasted walnuts in a food processor and process until the walnuts are finely ground. Add the butter and process until well mixed. Add the beaten egg, and using the pulse button, process until dough forms. Roll into a ball, wrap in plastic cling film and refrigerate until firm. Roll out on a lightly floured work surface and line a 10x30 cm rectangular or a 24cm round tart tin. Chill or freeze until firm.
- Preheat oven to 200 °C. Line the pastry shell with crumbled baking paper and baking beans or pie weights. Bake for 20 minutes and then remove paper and weights and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until dry. Remove from oven and cool. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, leek and pumpkin. Add thyme and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook, stirring frequently until vegetables are tender, adding a little water to the pan if necessary.
- Scatter the cooked vegetables and crumbled feta over the cooked pastry shell. Whisk together the egg and cream, season with salt and pepper and pour over the feta and vegetables. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until set. Rest 30 minutes before removing from the tin. Serve warm, scattered with rocket leaves.