- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Yogurt
- 1 Cup Oil, Vegetables
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Corn starch
- 2 Cups Semolina
- 1 Cup Coconut, Shredded
- 2.5 Cups Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 170 Grams (gm) PUCK All Purpose Cream
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Rose water
- 1 Cup Chira
- 2 Tablespoons Almonds, Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Pistachio, Powdered
- In a bowl, Mix the eggs with sugar.
- Mix the yogurt with sugar and starch in another bowl. Add to the mixture.
- Add the semolina, then add the coconut with continuous mixing.
- In a bowl, combine milk, sugar, Baking Powder, mix them, and then add the cream Puck and mix again
- Bring the mold and then put a layer of semolina mixture, then pour the mixture of cream and then place another layer of the mixture
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- To prepare the Syrup, Place the sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Simmer for 5 minutes without stirring. Stir in the lemon juice and rosewater and remove from the heat. Leave to cool.
- Remove the Basbousa from the oven, top it with chestnut, coconut, almonds and pistachio.