- 500 Grams Puck Cream Cheese
- 200 Grams Honey
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Ghee
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable oil`
- Ground pistachio to garnish
- Mix the cream cheese with honey. Refrigerate.
- Mix flour in a big bowl with sugar and salt. Beat in a mixer.
- Mix water with lemon juice. Pour the mix gradually into the mixer and continue to beat.
- Keep mixing for 2-3 minutes until you get a soft, elastic dough. Cover with a cloth and let is rest for one hour.
- Mix ghee in a small bowl with oil. Set it aside.
- Divide the dough into small balls.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Pour some of the ghee-oil mix on a clean flat surface. Spread a dough ball on it. Keep rolling it and spreading it with your finger tips until you get a very thin large circle.
- Fold two sides of the circle on each other then fold the other two sides. Spread it again and set it aside.
- Pour some of the ghee-oil mix again and repeat the process with another dough ball to get a very thin large circle.
- Place the first folded circle in the centre of the second circle. Brush it generously with the cheese-honey mix. Fold it just like the first one and set it aside.
- Repeat the same process until you finish the dough balls or according to the desired thickness of your pie.
- Brush an oven tray with the ghee-oil mix. Place the fiteer pie in the tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Drizzle with honey. Garnish with pistachio and serve hot.