- 1 Teaspoon Yeast, Dry
- ½ Teaspoon Sugar
- ¾ Cup Water, Lukewarm
- 1 ½ Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt Flakes
Secondary Ingredients - For filling
- 1 Tablespoon Oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 500 Grams (gm) Beef Mince
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Flakes
- ½ Cup Coriander, Chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Zest, finely grated
- 8 PUCK Natural Havarti Slices, slices
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper, freshly ground, to serve
- Prepare the dough. Combine yeast, sugar and water in a small bowl and set aside until the liquid starts to froth. Sift the flour and salt together into a large bowl, make a well in the centre and pour in the yeast liquid, stirring until a dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface; knead for 6-8 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. Put in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 15-20 minutes, or until doubled in size. Meanwhile make the filling.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and fry, stirring, for 5 minutes, until the onion is soft. Add the mince and tomato paste and cook for 10 minutes, stirring to break up the lumps. Stir in the spices, coriander and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Divide the dough into four pieces. Working with 1 piece at a time, roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to an 18 cm triangle.
- Place a slice of PUCK Natural Havarti Cheese on the bottom half of each triangle, leaving a 2 cm border. Top with a quarter of the mince and then another slice of Havarti cheese. Fold the dough over the filling, and fold the edges to seal.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Brush the flatbread with oil and cook, in batches, 3-4 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through.