- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 6-9 Mushrooms, large
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Red Pepper, Finely diced
- 3/4 Cup PUCK Less Fat Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs, fresh
- 1/2 Cup Parsley, Finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- Oil, spray
- Preheat oven to 180 °C. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop finely. Heat oil in a large non stick frying pan, add mushroom stems, onion, garlic and red pepper; cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the cream cheese spread, parmesan, ½ cup of breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons of the parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the mushrooms in a shallow ovenproof dish. Fill the mushrooms caps with the cream cheese mixture, spray with oil and bake for 20-25 minutes, until tender. While the mushrooms are baking, mix together the remaining breadcrumbs, parsley and melted butter and toast in a small frying pan over medium heat.
- Serve the mushrooms topped with the toasted breadcrumbs.