The best way to do that is to provide smarter options that look and taste just as good as the junk they crave.
Sandwiches and toasties are a great place to start your quest for a better breakfast experience for your family. In this article, Puck will share 5 breakfast toasties that you can make in less than 10 minutes. They will look good, smell good and make you feel good – inside and out!
Scrambled eggs with cheese
Eggs are nutritional powerhouses, especially for growing kids, but they can become boring if you serve them in exactly the same way every day. Change things up by placing your scrambled eggs in a toasty.
- Choose your favorite toast bread
- Make scrambled eggs
- Top them with Puck Cream Cheese Spread for an added layer of creaminess and taste
- Make your toasties and wrap them in Puck's new comic packaging, and your kids will gobble them up in no time
Avocado, cheese and tomatoes
Kids need a healthy source of fat to help with their growth, and avocados are the perfect source for that. In addition to the healthy fat content, avocados will keep your kids full for hours. A win-win situation in any busy mum's book.
Puck tip: To keep your avocados from browning, cut them immediately before making the toasty and place them between the cream cheese layer and the tomato slices.
Cheesecake toasty: Cheese, jam, strawberry slices
Cheesecake for breakfast will have the kids jumping with joy (and the adults might join in as well!). Only thing is that this is a twist on cheesecake. One that you can serve in the morning with a clear conscience, that is!
You can switch up the jam and berry: Try blueberry jam with some lemon zest mixed into Puck Cream Cheese Spread or some raspberry with a few white chocolate chips.
You can enjoy a great club sandwich at home, and better yet, you can customize the layers in any way that you (or your kids) like. Eggs, no eggs, extra Puck Cream Cheese Spread, more pickles, no pickles. You are the chef! The way we like to make ours is as follows:
- Layer a slice of toast and add Puck Cream Cheese Spread, a lettuce leaf, a slice of turkey, two slices of tomato, pickles, a teaspoon mustard and top off with another slice of toast with Puck Cream Cheese Spread
- Spread one teaspoon Puck Cream Cheese Spread on the top side of the toast and repeat the layers.
Every mum worries about seafood and mayonnaise when buying premade sandwiches. Skip the headache and make it yourself!
- Use your favorite tuna
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice (and a bit of dried oregano if you are feeling adventurous)
- Add Puck Cream Cheese Spread for that irresistible creamy cheese melt
- Add pickles, olives or herbs for added zing
- Enjoy the heavenly combo of tuna and cheese