- 3 Cups dry penne
- 2 Red Peppers
- 4 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 Tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, mashed
- 1/2 Cup PUCK White Cheese Premium Feta
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 3 Tablespoons pasta water
- 10 Basil Leaves
- 1/8 Cup Pine Nuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Slice the red peppers in two, lengthwise. Place on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Brush with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle black pepper.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, uncovered, until skin is charred.
- Remove from oven, cover with aluminum foil and let cool. Remove charred skin.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add a teaspoon salt and penne. Cook according to package instructions.
- Saute onion with 1 tablespoon olive oil until translucent. Add garlic and stir for 10 seconds.
- Add this onion mixture into an electric mixer. Add roasted red peppers and pulse until a paste. Add Puck feta cheese, 1 teaspoon salt, basil leaves and pulse until smooth.
- Transfer to a sauce pan and bring to a boil once.
- Add cooked pasta and pasta water and let simmer for several minutes.
- Garnish with pine nuts and basil leaves