- 8 Pieces Portobello Mushroom
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 125 Grams (gm) Baby Spinach
- 1 Cup Marinara Sauce
- 200 Grams (gm) Puck Premium Feta Cheese
- 8 Pieces Cherry Tomatoes, cut half
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Sauté the spinach with olive oil in a pan on high heat , add garlic and pinch of salt, remove any excess fluid.
- Clean the mushrooms with a damp kitchen towel( just rubbing the surface)
- Flip the mushroom,remove the short stem and with a spoon scoop the dark brown fibers around the stem
- Arrange the mushrooms (flipped)on baking tray greased with some olive oil
- Fill the mushroom with one and half tablespoon of marinara sauce, a small amount of sautéed spinach , one cherry tomato cut into halves
- Top the mushrooms with big chunks of Puck feta cheese .
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees centigrade for 10-14 minuets
- - Marinara sauce : Ingredients: 8 tomatoes peeled and diced 1 small onion diced 2 cloves garlic minced 1/2 tsp oregano 1/2 tsp black pepper 1/2 tsp basil 3 leaves fresh basil 1/2 tsp salt( adjust to taste) 1 tbsp tomato paste 2 tbsp olive oil 1 tsp butter 4 tbsp hot water Method: -In a sauce pan sauté the onions and garlic in olive oil and butter on medium heat for 2-3 minutes -Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, black pepper, oregano , basil , salt and basil leaves. Adjust the taste Allow to simmer on medium heat for 15- 20 minutes -Remove basil leaves